Filing Tax Returns with the Internal Revenue Service

Should EGA chapters or regions file tax returns with the IRS?

No. EGA files a tax return, known as Form 990, which covers the national organization and all regions and chapters.

"You didn't file a Form 990/990EZ or 990-N" Letter from IRS

The IRS has notified us that we haven't filed a Form 990/990EZ or 990-N. What should we do?

1.  Complete the form as follows.

a.  Do not check or complete any items under number 1 on page 3.

b. Check the box on page 4 for the sentence that begins "My organization is a subordinate organization..." and fill in the blanks as follows:

Name: The Embroiderers' Guild of America Local and Regional Chapters

EIN: 51-0201050.

c.  Check "Other reason for not filing" on page 4, and for the explanation state "Filing deadline for EIN 51-0201050 was extended."

d.  Sign and date under item 2, remembering to include the title of the person signing the form.

2. Keep a copy of the completed form for your chapter records and mail or email a copy to EGA headquarters.

3. Mail the original to the IRS.

We have received another notice stating "You didn't file a Form 990/990EZ or 990-N." What should we do?

Immediately send the notice to EGA headquarters for handling.

Other Notices from the IRS

We have received a letter/notice from the IRS which we do not know how to handle. What should we do?

Immediately send it to EGA headquarters for handling.

Login Form

Your User Name is your EGA member number.

This is the post-text message.